Share this role
- Security Industry Authority
- SIA Offices, Canary Wharf, London but with opportunities to work flexibly across the UK.
- £140,000 plus generous benefits package
- Closing date:
- 9th August
- Job Ref:
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the organisation responsible for regulating the UK private security industry. We work closely with the industry, enforcement partners, Government, and the devolved administrations to meet our objectives. With a remit covering the UK, the SIA’s key priorities are to reduce criminality, raise standards and to play a part in protecting the public.
We are now seeking an exceptional Chief Executive to lead and manage the organisation through an exciting period of change and transition. This is a substantive role which requires an innovative and resilient leader who has the confidence and charisma to represent our organisation with stakeholders such as the Home Office Ministers, Devolved Administrations, industry trade associations and professional bodies, ensuring the SIA is viewed as a respected partner across communities it serves. Accountable to the Chair, and a member of the SIA Board, you will play a crucial role executing the strategic objectives of our organisation and be responsible for day-to-day operations, managing staff of approx.320 and a budget of c. £25m.
This role requires an inspiring and inclusive CE, with a demonstrable track record operating and influencing at executive board level within an organisation of comparable scale and complexity across the public or private sector. Politically astute, you will be a visible and motivational leader who has gained significant experience spearheading and delivering organisational change and possess the credibility, enthusiasm, and determination to lead new ways of working across our organisation.
This may be at the end, but it is far from an afterthought; we are committed to creating an inclusive environment, which promotes and supports inclusivity and respect, with a culture that supports our communities and partners and celebrates all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to lead to a working environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
How to apply
The Chief Executive role will be selected based on a combination of your written application, psychometric evaluation, and interview. To apply for this post please visit our recruitment partner’s website at www.gatenbysanderson.com or the ‘search for jobs’ section on www.gatenbysanderson.com entering SIA or the reference number 67741.
1. A CV setting out your career history, highlighting your key responsibilities and achievements in your current and previous roles. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps, especially within the last two years.
2. Answer the specific competency-based questions (Written responses should be capped at 400 words per answer):
- Describe how your personal values will influence your leadership of a regulatory body?
- The SIA plays a crucial role by regulating the UK’s private security industry. What does public safety mean to you?
- What is your approach to embedding a culture of inclusivity and diversity into an organisation such as the SIA?
- Video conferencing and presentations have increasingly become an important part of the way we communicate. With this in mind, as part of the application process, please will you share a 2-minute video file outlining - What is it about the SIA that prompted you to apply?
As you know, these files do tend to be large and if emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org is not possible, there is a range of software available online in order to share your file with us. These include ‘We Transfer’ or ‘Dropbox’ which are free for this level of use, but please do feel free to explore an option that works best for you.
Candidates who submit a CV and covering responses only, without a video, will not be considered further in this process.
Security Industry Authority is signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme. Under this Scheme we guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum requirements of the role profile. If applicable, please ensure that you complete the ‘disability confident’ request when applying.
For an informal discussion about the role, contact our recruitment partners, GatenbySanderson. Peter Guilder is on 07545 441127 or at email@example.com